News

Distraught mum found son, 14, hanged in his bedroom after ‘he became isolated during lockdown’

Tracey Tyler, 40, came home from her night shift on the coronavirus ward and found her son Sam, 14, dead in his bedroom on May 25. The schoolboy had been “laughing and joking” while playing online games with pals and planning trips with them – before telling them he would be “back in two seconds”. …

Distraught mum found son, 14, hanged in his bedroom after ‘he became isolated during lockdown’ Read More »

England ‘could ban household visits’ if 10pm curfew and ‘rule of 6’ don’t work

England could be forced to follow Scotland’s ban on households visiting each other, Boris Johnson has reportedly been told by his chief medical officer. Professor Chris Whitty is said to have told the prime minister that tighter restrictions are inevitable during the winter months, after warning earlier this week that ‘the seasons are against us’ …

England ‘could ban household visits’ if 10pm curfew and ‘rule of 6’ don’t work Read More »

Ex-soldier who raped and murdered nurse he believed was a witch executed after 16 years

An ex-soldier who raped and murdered a nurse he was convinced was a witch has been executed after 16 years on death row. William LeCroy was put to death by lethal injection on Tuesday evening, the sixth federal execution since July after a lengthy hiatus in capital punishment at a national level. The 50-year-old was …

Ex-soldier who raped and murdered nurse he believed was a witch executed after 16 years Read More »

Popular deputy headteacher killed after being trampled by cows while walking his dog

David Clark, aged in his 50s, was in Richmond, North Yorks, when the horror unfolded on Monday. Emergency crews including an air ambulance were scrambled to the scene but sadly he couldn’t be saved. His tragic death was announced in a message to parents of pupils at Richmond School and Sixth Form College, where he …

Popular deputy headteacher killed after being trampled by cows while walking his dog Read More »

Builder, 21, dies in agony after taking diet pills told dad ‘I’ll be dead in an hour’

Vaidotas Gerbutavicius swallowed several of the illegal tablets, which contain a chemical used in explosives, with rum and vodka. The 21-year-old then called his dad Andrius telling him “no one could help” and he would be “dead within the hour”. Vaidotas also complained of feeling a “burning sensation” before he was rushed to hospital in …

Builder, 21, dies in agony after taking diet pills told dad ‘I’ll be dead in an hour’ Read More »

Government warns of second lockdown for Christmas if Brits don’t obey new rules

It comes after Boris Johnson was accused of not going far enough with yesterday’s series of new rules.  It was thought the PM would ban gatherings between people who don’t live together after his Chief Medical Officer, Chris Whitty, warned they were the main way the virus transmits. Scotland – which sat in the same meetings as …

Government warns of second lockdown for Christmas if Brits don’t obey new rules Read More »

Family horrified to find body of Covid victim relative ‘nibbled by rats’ in hospital

A family turned up at an Indian hospital to pick up the body of a relative who had died of coronavirus to find his corpse allegedly being nibbled by rats. On Monday a magisterial inquiry was ordered into the private hospital in Indore after the shocking discovery of the 87-year-old man, who has not been named. His …

Family horrified to find body of Covid victim relative ‘nibbled by rats’ in hospital Read More »

University student left fighting for life after mistaking meningitis for a hangover

A university student nearly died after mistaking an aggressive form of meningitis for a hangover after a heavy night out.  Ben de Souza woke up with a headache and sickness, but 12 hours later he was being rushed to hospital and was minutes from death. The University of Portsmouth undergraduate has since spent the best part of …

University student left fighting for life after mistaking meningitis for a hangover Read More »

Toddler taken to hospital after grandma feeds him hand sanitiser she thought was puree

A mum has warned parents after her toddler was mistakenly given hand sanitiser to eat by his grandmother who thought it was a snack due to the packaging. Nikki Teixeira’s 18-month-old son Logan “immediately turned red and started coughing” after consuming the Trolls germ killer before becoming drowsy. The concerned parent, of Manitoba, Canada, told …

Toddler taken to hospital after grandma feeds him hand sanitiser she thought was puree Read More »