Prince Harry apparently signed on the dotted line to do Oprah just 24 hours after losing his military titles.
The Duke of Sussex stepped away from his Royal duties with his wife Meghan Markle and they created a new life for themselves across the pond in the US.
Now it’s emerged Harry, who served in Afghanistan, agreed to do the bombshell interview imminently after he was told he would lose his military titles on February 12 this year as part of the “Megxit deal”.
The titles removed were Captain General Royal Marines, Honorary Air Commandant of RAF Honington in Suffolk and Commodore-in-Chief Small Ships and Diving, Royal Naval Command.
A source told The Sun : “There was a bust-up just before Oprah but it wasn’t to do with Archie’s title. That had been known and discussed for quite a while.
“Harry and Meghan were very cross before Oprah because the final Megxit separation had just been signed off which included Harry not keeping military roles.
“That was what made him so angry. He’s very emotional and his military roles were very important to him given that he served.”
The Oprah interview has torn a growing rift between Harry and the Royal family.