Boy, 13, dies after ‘blackout challenge’ on TikTok with another in hospital

A 13-year-old boy who took part in a “blackout challenge” on TikTok has died while a 17-year-old who did it with him remains hospitalised in a serious condition.

Both unnamed boys suffered cardiorespiratory arrest after taking part in the challenge while filming themselves.

The challenge also referred to as the “choking challenge” and the “pass-out challenge”, involves participants asphyxiating themselves until losing consciousness.

The teenagers streamed the incident live on social media.

They were alone at the house in General Roca, Río Negro Province, Argentina, on the afternoon of January 15 when they allegedly did it.

It is unclear who found the motionless youngsters.

Scroll to Top