Jilted lover bought fake pregnancy bump on Amazon after pretending ex raped her

A jilted lover who ordered a fake pregnancy bump on Amazon to dupe her ex into thinking she was pregnant with his child is facing years behind bars.

Jessica Nordquist, 25, claimed she had been raped by Mark Weeks and faked her own kidnapping.

The American sent emails and pictures to Mr Weeks showing her tied to a bed in her underwear during the warped campaign.

The pair began a relationship while working for video advertising company Unruly based in Whitechapel, east London.

They met after Nordquist, described as a solutions engineer for the company, moved from New York to the London office in June last year.

But their romance soured and the pair separated in November last year.

Mr Weeks said he received emails from fake email accounts – including one in the name of a friend – saying Nordquist had been kidnapped and raped.

He also received photos of Nordquist tied up in her underwear attached to an email that read: ‘Jessica Nordquist is the one who has been protecting your children from us. We raped and stole her tonight.’

Nordquist said she realised she was pregnant after she broke up with Mr Weeks in November.

She went with him to a clinic for an abortion but lied to Mr Weeks about having a termination. She claimed she then miscarried.

Nordquist, who is originally from Eagle River in Alaska and went to Northern State University in South Dakota, said she only ordered a fake baby bump for a pregnancy party.

She said: ‘I wanted the guys to wear it.’

But she now faces years behind bars after she was convicted of two counts of stalking, two of sending malicious communications and one of perverting course of justice.

Judge Paul Southern adjourned sentencing to a date to be fixed and remanded Nordquist in custody.

He said: “I can not see how an immediate custodial sentence can be avoided. The question is the length of it.

“I am concerned about having the information I need about Jessica Nordquist.

“During the period these offences were committed Ms Nordquist was admitted to a psychiatric facility.

“We know that the police were concerned enough when they found her at Aviemore to take her to have a mental heath assessment.”

Giving evidence, Mr Weeks said he feared his career was over after Nordquist sent his colleagues emails claiming he had raped her.

“It was devastating obviously, the posts previously on social media, and there had been threats previously talking about sending messages to my clients,” he said.

“I felt for them to be receiving messages like this direct to their emails accounts, there was no way of engaging it.

“I thought this was doing serious damage to my career and my reputation. You think the worst. You think this is going to be career ending.

“There were so many emails referring to where I was and what I was wearing.”

One of the emails read: ‘You just walk in, where have you been all morning, I wonder. Why are you still dressed in the dark blue shirt? Why don’t you wear anything else?’

Another message, under a different name, said: ‘You should know Mark and Unruly have covered up the most atrocious crime ever.’

He added: “These allegations were damaging to my personal welfare I am highly anxious, feeling depressed. I don’t really know what is coming next. It felt my whole life was going on hold.”

Mr Weeks said he also received messages about a burglary at his home but he never replied.

“I was under the impression it would be easy for Jess to find out if my house was burgled as my asking for a new laptop for example.”

He said while he was working from home a toy reindeer, bought for him by workmates, as a Christmas gift went missing from his desk.

Mr Weeks said emails about his private life were also sent to senior colleagues at Unruly.

“I was embarrassed I was really anxious. The effect it was having on my career and my reputation in the company.

“It was sent to the people who control how I progress within the company so obviously it was scary.

“They were concerned about the content of the emails the day before so they wanted to make sure there were no security issues.

“I had a toy reindeer on my desk at work which someone had given me for a Christmas. When I went back to the office that toy was no longer there.”

He said Nordquist alluded to chess in her emails and in one said: ‘If you can, protect the queen, she is the most valuable piece on the board she protects your king.’

Another message read: ‘The queen will have some words tomorrow. Did you not know she is worth 26 million dollars.’

Mr Weeks said his boss urged him to take two weeks off work on compassionate leave during the alleged stalking campaign.

He said he his brother who lives in Jersey received a message which read: ‘Your brother is in trouble. You should be more careful.’

Mr Weeks added: “This was sent to my brother on Instagram . So the brother referred to is me and he took the screen-grab and sent it to me.”

Mr Weeks decided to remove himself from social media and deleted his Instagram account after forwarding many of the messages to the police.

Prosecutor Claire Robinson said Nordquist was desperate to get Mr Weeks’ attention after they broke up and left handwritten notes on his bike and desk.

Nordquist asked to meet for coffee but when Mr Weeks said no he was ‘met with some angry text messages.’

She then claimed she was eight weeks pregnant with his baby and went to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel on 13 December so she could have an abortion.

When they returned to Unruly after the Christmas break, Nordquist asked if they could rekindle their romance, the court heard.

But he rejected Nordquist and she sent him a message on Instagram saying: ‘I’m telling people at work I had an abortion and if they ask with who I’ll say you.’

Nordquist posted a message, purporting to be from her friend, claiming she had taken an overdose on January 5, the court heard.

Mr Weeks became ‘upset and concerned’ and rang the police.

Six says later Nordquist began sending messages to herself and Mr Weekes made to look as though they were from a third party.

Nordquist repeatedly told Mr Weeks they were ‘being watched,’ the court heard.

One email on January 13 read: ‘You are going to meet at 3pm at Shoreditch Grind (cafe).

‘If neither of you show, we’re going to release your past secrets around the office.

‘We will come for you.’

When Mr Weeks didn’t show he recieved a message saying: ‘I gave you both a chance to show up.

‘Tick tock, the rabbit’s got f***ed.’

Most messages were signed off with ‘tick-tock Mark Weeks,’ jurors were told.

Nordquist also sent tagged posts to Mr Weeks’ Unruly clients accusing him of rape, referencing his @weekmar page.

One, sent from an account called Karen Schuler said: ‘@weekmar raped her.

‘Unruler raped and assaulted an employee.

‘Still went to work with him and trying to cover it up.’

Ms Robinson told jurors Nordquist harassed ‘not only Mark Weeks but employees of Unruly too.’

Nordquist attended Bethnal Green police station on January 26 and her phone and iPad were seized.

Police found searches about sending fake emails and stalking on her devices.

Ms Robinson said: “She told police she and Mark Weekes were being stalked.

“She claimed her searches were all related to trying to find out about stalking.”

When she was arrested again four days later, police found searches for ‘fake babies’ and a silicon baby bump had been ordered on Amazon.

She had also researched whether police can track where emails are sent from, the court heard.

Nordquist ran a bizarre defence case in which she said she was genuinely kidnapped by a real-life ‘James Bond’ who she met at a Soho bar.

She claimed the MI5 agent, Max Brown, later handed her a manila envelope containing photos of her having sex with Mr Weeks.

She told the court that the photos were taken via a secret camera installed in her lightbulb.

She said she was raped on April 19 after three men, including Brown came to her apartment.

Nordquist claimed she was then kidnapped and taken to Scotland on a train.

She was caught on CCTV alone at Euston Station that same night wearing a wig.

She said: “They told me to put this really long wig on.”

Nordquist said after her arrival in Scotland she met another man who told her where to go next.

She said: “I met a Middle Eastern looking guy and he called me by my first name and told me to go to a park beginning with K”.

In the park she met another person who told her to to an Airbnb.

She sat on the street outside the Airbnb where she was collected in a silver car by the man from the night before.

He took her to the bus station and told her to buy a ticket to Aviemore but after she bought the ticket he then drove her to a hostel himself.

At the hostel he handed her a rose gold iPhone and then disappeared.

She checked into the hostel and sat outside it waiting.

Scottish police located her at the hostel in Aviemore on April 20 and she was taken into police custody, the court heard.

Nordquist, of Cavell Street, Tower Hamlets, east London, denied two counts stalking, two counts of sending malicious communications and one count of perverting course of justice.

She was found guilty on all counts by the jury.