A NANNY condemned an innocent toddler to a horrid death by lacing his porridge with a deadly amount of salt and making him eat it.
He died from salt poisoning, with reports later finding he was forced to eat 50g of salt — the maximum recommended amount for a child of his age being 2g.
When police interrogated Deinesh she claimed she “had not thought about the consequences of her actions” and “didn’t want the boy to die”.
The massive excess of salt in the boy’s body caused water to be leeched from his cells, resulting in fatal brain damage.
Symptoms of salt poisoning include vomiting and diarrhoea, thirst and in severe cases, seizures, irritability, drowsiness or coma.